Updated 3/8/2020 in red
Updated 04/09/2020 in red
Coronavirus (COVID 19) poses an additional risk to staff and customers and therefore the following customer policies and procedures have been implemented.
Note: These procedures are in addition to the regular Climbing Station policies.
Management will review the risk assessment regularly to make sure our policies remain up to date and provide the best safeguarding for staff and customers.
In line with Government guidelines, if requested, we will pass some of your personal information on in line with track and trace requirements.
These policies are designed to minimize the risk of transmitting and/or catching Covid-19 at The Climbing Station. The policies cannot eliminate the risk and customers should exercise their own judgment on deciding to visit The Climbing Station.
- Customers must not attend The Climbing Station if they or anyone from their household displays any symptoms of Covid-19 until they have tested negatively.
- If local lockdowns are in operation customers must not come to the Station if it wouldn’t be permitted to climb within their local area.
- Novice climbers (including all those under 14) are not permitted in the wall initially. This will then be reviewed by management. From 3/8/2020 novices (including those under 14) are permitted in the wall, supervised by a paying member on a strict 1:1 basis
- Customers must book a 90 minute time slot through the website to climb. They must arrive on time and once the allocated time is over the customer must leave the centre by checking out at the desk. Booking and details on website.
- We have a centre capacity of 42, but only 36 independent climbers will be able to climb at any given point. Maximum capacity may only be reached if there is an instructor lead group (E.G. Gibbons or Academy sessions) running.
- Customers must arrive ready to climb and avoid changing on the premises.
- Upon arrival all customers will have their temperature taken by a surface thermometer. If over 37.5 degrees entry will be refused.
- Customers should avoid cash payments and use contactless wherever possible.
- Customers must sanitize/ wash their hands before and after climbing and regularly during your visit. The Climbing Station will provide hand sanitizing stations.
- Customers must use liquid chalk to help sanitize their hands while climbing.
- Customers should not brush the holds.
- Customers must maintain social distancing of 2m from other wall users and Climbing Station staff wherever possible. There are red tape indicators at 2m intervals.
- Customers in ‘social bubbles’ must also adhere to social distancing.
- When using the main bouldering area, customers must follow the one-way system indicated on the mats with yellow arrows.
- The training room and warm up area will have a maximum capacity, clearly marked by the entrance to the areas. Customers must not exceed this capacity. A hooked chain will be in place to separate these areas. Customers must re-hook the chain when entering or exiting the area.
- The toilets will also have a maximum capacity, indicated on the door, which the customers must not exceed.
- The café will be open for hot and cold drinks and cakes which can be used after your climb.
- Hire shoes need to be taken back to the table provided, not reception.
- All rubbish should be put in the appropriate bin but mugs and plates from the cafe should be left on tables for collection by staff.
- Customers must report anyone not adhering to policies to a member of staff.
- Customers must adhere to all Climbing Station policies when using the facilities.
- The top rope area will be closed until further notice.
- Gym equipment such as weights and pulleys cannot be used. This will be under review by management.
- Water bottles cannot be filled up from the kitchen